Thursday, January 21, 2016

Why not?

I was going to delete this blog. I had nothing to talk about but despair and depression. Then, an offhand comment from a friend (Hi DeadGirl!) made me decide to start the machinery going again.  Even if it's rusty and squealing with outrage at the grinding of the unlubricated gears in my mind, I'll update at least once a week.  I still need focus on this thing, so will try by recording my newest ambition: Responding to Trying New Things.

Handsome and I reaaaaalllllly enjoy staying at home, marinating in our own juices. Separately, we both regretted this, and wanted to be more active, more out in the World. I've started scheduling (scheduling!) stuff for us to do on the weekends, instead of our usual lolling about, doing nothing.  And, I'm independently trying to join more things, say yes to invitations more, and extend invitations more.  Honestly, it's quite challenging.

 Most recently, we went to an exhibit at our local modern art museum. It was the last day of the exhibit, many installations were already gone, but we enjoyed our outing, tempered with the generous application of beer and food beforehand.  No fear, everything was within walking distance.


Alone, I joined a crochet class. So many people have tried to teach me to crochet and I just never got it; I knew I was doing it wrong.  I joined a class at my local yarn store.  Though I felt truly nauseated with anxiety before leaving home, I went anyway.  I learned what I'd been doing wrong!  And, though my washcloth looks more like a tiara (thank you, Unintended Added Stitch), I'm so very glad I girded my loins and struck forth into the night, alone and cold, to join the class. We'll see how next weekend goes!

No comments: