Tuesday, June 21, 2011

City sidewalks

I didn't want to, I tried to think of reasons I didn't have to, but I did it anyway. I took my (almost) 30 minute walk this morning! I am inordinately proud of me! It was oly 73F out, but it was 83% humidity. The air was so heavy and unforgiving. I sweat actual droplets from my scalp!

I chose a slightly different route, decided to tackle a couple of hills, and I found two streets nearby that do not have sidewalks! This amazed me! We're in the heart of the city, not the 'burbs, not even the fringes. CITY. So, like a hoodlum, I walked and sweated in the street. It's a residential neighborhood; one expects sidewalks! I have definitely become a city girl.

I don't know why this struck me so oddly, but it did. First day of Summer and I got my walk in, despite heat, humidity, and a lack of sidewalks!

No comments: