Thursday, October 30, 2008

Why?


I've been asked, several times, "Why do you have a blog?" I've always just kind of shrugged sheepishly, and mumbled something incoherent. But, I think, for me, it's a way to affirm my life, to review where I've been, what I've done, even if it IS just having cereal for breakfast.

My life is not extraordinary. I don't think Great Thoughts. I'm not trying to save the world or inspire people or become famous. I'm just noting banal things that are going on. Maybe occasionally, there WILL be Great Thoughts or Amazing Occurences. But, in general, my life is uneventful, smooth, quite pleasant, really. My past is full of chaos, excitement, drama... I like this current life much, much better.

And I've decided to return to the blog. I don't like Facebook. I'm not interested in the online games or making new "friends" whom I've never met. I'll stick with the ones I've got and welcome new ones as they come along. And maybe I'll write about it here!

No comments: