Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sleep is good

Mr Handsome and I went out for dinner with Book Doctor tonight after work. It was crazy; a dude walked into the bookstore at 6:15 (oops, I didn't lock the door at 6:00), so of course we didn't kick him out! He only spent $5, but, what the hey, maybe he'll come on back! THEN, when Dude was just about to leave, a lady came in, "just browsing." 6:40! Wow! We really could stay open later! But would it be worth it? She only spent $3, which is better than nothing, but, still.... So, that was weird.

Anyway, we went out to a place in East called Olives. It was ok. They, also, were SUPER busy! To which I say, YAY! I'm glad people came into the bookstore late and I'm glad Olive's was busy! They were short-handed, so it was slow-going, but our waitress was nice, it's a reasonably-priced place, the food is ok. And Book Doctor is totally fun to hang out with. She's having a very interesting life and can really tell a good story. I had a veggie-casseroley thing (a little bit bland, but ok) and Mr. Handsome had salmon, which he thought was over-cooked. Book Doctor totally won the Dinner Competition with the beef goulash. It was scrumptious! I should have tried the pot roast; I bet it was yummy! Comfort food = good!

Tomorrow, and for the next few days, I'll be taking care of my FAVORITE dog in the whole wide world, Samba! So, I've got to go to sleep, since I've got to get up very early to visit him. I have GOT to SLEEP! It's so difficult for me, sleeping. I'm just not a good sleeper. I lie there and fret. worry worry worry worry worry worry worry. About stuff that happened years ago, yesterday, today, and that might happen tomorrow. Ridiculous. Waste of time. AAAAAaaarrrrrgh!!! Anyway, here's wishing YOU sweet dreams!

No comments: