Saturday, February 14, 2009

snow dogs

Well, we got at least three inches of snow last night. Mr Handsome and I just finished clearing it off the slope, driveway and sidewalk. My back isn't seizing, so that's good! It's just sore, like muscle-ache now. I think it's time to get off my @$$ and start getting some exercise! The sun is out and finishing the job of clearing the concrete, so I'm glad we got out there and shoveled. Everything (almost) had melted last week, 'cause we had over 60F weather! Crazy weather. Crazy. I got immediately accustomed to seeing green and brown instead of white! Now, it's all white again. Pretty! But I'm as ready for Spring as anyone. * sigh * I'm tired of automatically putting on two to three layers of clothing every day! And then a coat over THAT! * sigh *



So, a little (pun intended) w00t-w00t to Michigan Dog Lovers! A Michigan chihuahua won Best of Breed at Westminster Dog Show! Look how cute DeeDee is! Awww.....!













If I get a dog, I'll get a pound-pooch (or another rescued a dog).















Just looking around at purebreds, I like this one!
Bichon frise!
myspace codes



I really like these dogs, too. I seem to be in the mood today for small, foofy dogs! Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Sweet, pretty, loving. YAY!


I used to want an irish wolfhound. But I've decided against a giant breed. I want a dog I can carry if I have to (injury, sickness, etc). After working at the vet clinic and seeing many, many people who couldn't carry their dogs in for treatment in an emergency, that is the decision I made. Also, after being a pet-sitter, it occurred to me that if one of the big labradoodles or labs or rotties or shepherds or malamutes that I baby-sat had to be carried, I couldn't do it! So, a less-than-80# dog for me! Still, irish wolfhounds are so noble and elegant and lovely. They have a prescence, a regalness to them.... I really like that breed.

The Queen Mum liked 'em, too!



I've been watching "Heroes: Volume 1" for the past couple of days (on DVD). Spy Master loves this show and I can see why! Adventure! Magic! Romance! Explosions and gore! I started watching the new season, got sucked in, and decided I wanted to know the back story, so got the DVDs from the library. Good ol' library! What a fanTAStic resource! I've also got "Henry V" with Kenneth Branagh (such a baby-face, 20 years ago). It's such an exciting story! Talk about adventure!

Well, I hope you're having a good weekend. Do something fun!

No comments: