Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Day


It was a good day at the bookstore! An over $700 day, which is huge for us! We need to make a minimum of $500 just to pay the bills each day, so we have a ways to go before $700 feels like normal. A Michigan author came in and read her books for our Kids' event, then G had a meeting of West Michigan Children's Authors at the store. It was great to have so many people in the store throughout the day!

It's the small things, often, that are so pleasing. Like, I made some bookmarks that list our upcoming events. Book Doctor liked 'em, the customers liked 'em, and that makes me happy! Also, putting a book into someone's hands, knowing they're going to love it... I just love that feeling! Also, frankly, I had on a super-cute outfit that I just got from Sally Ann yesterday. I love feeling like I have on a cute outfit!

Mr Handsome and I were going to go to a Viking Party tonight, but are doing our usual, "nah, let's stay home" deal. Which makes us both happy, staying home, so nothing wrong with that. Not exciting, but it's what we like. We're just going to watch a movie and then I'm going to READ! YAY!

No comments: