Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sam Gamgee

So, the more I think about losing weight, the more weight I gain. Apparently, one cannot just "think" about losing weight. One has to actually take action. huh. Learn sumpthin' new ever' day.

I love the site "I Can Has Cheezburger" and all its offshoots. There's one called "Totally Looks Like." Well, I totally look like Samwise Gamgee, as played by Sean Astin, in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.



(my pictures were taken before I found Sam's pics)











I think I'll start walking to work. It only takes 30 minutes, not bad! It snowed this morning, though, so Maybe on Tuesday. I'm bummed about the snow, 'cause last week, it got into the upper 60s! Felt like SUMMER! Spring in the upper Midwest is cruel. A teasing bitch. But beautiful. It's snowing right now, as a matter of fact.
(ok, this is an old picture, but I like it!)


Once again, Sam Gamgee:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That Obama bobblehead is cracking me up. Who knew he's a Griffins fan? Looks like he's giving the thumbs up to the beer. Or maybe you! Certainly not the snow or the current economy!

GO BEER! GO SIS! GO AWAY SNOW! GO OBAMA!

And ya, walking to work would be a great exercise -- start aiming for once or twice a week. By the thaw, you'll be ready to tackle it every time! It's low-impact (although I know you have a history of hip pain), and it gives you time to phase in and out of work-mode. I gotta get into an exercise routine myself. Stretches should help my back, I think.

Do you curl your hair? Is that natural waves?

Love,
Sis

Homebody said...

Hi Sis!

All natural wave! It's a pain sometimes, but on the other hand, I can pretend it's "supposed" to look sloppy. heh.

I can't believe it took e 4 days to notice I hd a comment. THAT'S how busy I am!

I'll let you know how walking to work goes.

Much love,
Me