Sunday, March 22, 2009

Busy busy busy

Last night, Svend and I went to a Soup Tasting fund-raiser. It was at the Electric Cheetah (no, it's still not open yet) and there were over 100 people there! Crammed elbow-to-elbow! It pretty much freaked me out to be in such a crush, but it was still fun and the soup was all good (made by many of the local business associations). Gina made ours for the bookstore and, man, can she cook! It was my favorite! Even if I didn't know she made it, I'd still have liked it the best! It was a beef consommé, with ginger and mushrooms and lime juice and alphabet noodles. She called it Asian Beef Consommé. Get it? ABC Soup! From the Bookstore! hee hee!!!

Today has been very busy so far (but no pics, sorry). I had baby-sitting duty for The Best Dog in the Whole World, (twice a day, for the next ten days), then Mr. Handsome helped me clean up the streets the bookstore is on, then we went for lunch with some bookstore-neighbors (who were also cleaning up the street - we're having a tour of hotel concierges come through and want to impress them with how lovely and "shoppable" our 'hood is). Lunch was DELISH! As it always is at the Winchester! Then, I went to get an update on another darling pet's health issues for an upcoming baby-sitting gig. Now I should be doing chores, but I'm tired, so I'm playing on Facebook (totally addicted to SuperPoke Pets - I have a baby dragon! I named him Rhys, a good Welsh name for a dragon) and updating here!








It's going to be a really busy time coming up: work plus two pet-sitting gigs (one is way the hell across town, but I just love these cats, Mr Magnificent particularly!) plus I have to go to the Real Doctor tomorrow (YIKES!!!! I"M TERRIFIED OF THE WHITE COATED PEOPLE!!!) and there's a work party in there, too, this-coming couple of weeks. All good stuff though!

Ok, now I'll go do chores. The sun is shining, it's windy and chilly, but Spring is definitely here!

No comments: