Monday, June 15, 2009

chores

Today is chore day. I just finished scrubbing the bathrooms and vacuuming the whole house. Man, this house is big. I mean, not for some people. For some people, it's just a cottage, I'm sure, but for me, it's big. It's a lot to clean! Ugh. And all I can see is what I haven't done yet. I don't get that satisfied feeling, like, "I just did a lot of work and I can tell and it was worth it!" Nope. There's always more to do. Which is why I'm posting a blog entry. heh.

I'm babysitting two kitties who need medicine and to be hand-fed. Twice a day I visit them. They are darling mews and I love them. It is time-consuming, though, because you just can't rush the meds. Cats and pills are not a happy combo. Poor kitties.

Tonight I've got book club and we'll be discussing Persuasion, my FAVORITE Jane Austen



book! I'm very excited about it! And nervous. What if the other women didn't like it? They do have a tendency to chose tragic, heart-breaking, depressing stories. ick. Well-written or not, I do NOT need help getting depressed by reading a book! There are SOOOOOoooooo many other choices out there! Well-written ones, too! We'll see how long I last in this book club. What I really enjoy, though, are the other women. They read the book, have pertinent observations to make, are not afraid to respectfully challenge each other or to give their real opinions. The discussion stays pretty much on topic, which is GREAT! And, of course, there is wine. And food!

No comments: