Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thurs

I was born in the wrong time. I feel most comfortable with objects, clothes, furniture, all kinds of things from early in the 20th century. Absolutely, to be sure, some things sucked harder than the QEII's bilge pump


like, gender roles, women's opportunities, race relations, minority rights - geezus, those things were all abhorrently bad. I just really liked the look of things, I guess. Or I just miss my childhood. I don't want my younger days to have been my golden years. Geez, there were some really good things about my childhhod, though.


Anyhoo, that's neither here nor there. Today started off GREAT. I went for a long and BRISK walk, a f#ckin' power walk, with Cinnamon, right past Bro's house, actually. It was waaaaaay too early to say Hi though, so we didn't stop. Seriously, this was at dawn. And it was great!
Work was good, lots of customers, busy day. We had a poetry event this evening, so it was an 11.5 hour day for me, which is chump change for loads of folks, but is hard-core for me. I was absolutely done. But then, Gina came in! Gina has had some recent tragedy that goes beyond comprehension. Lots to process. It was soooooooooo good to see her, I love Gina. She was meeting her sis and some friends for an Escapee Night Out and invited us to join. I declined at first, knowing I was PAST tired (and no dinner, let's just keep that in mind, eh?), but then thought, "Well, just a drink." Bad decision.

Not BAD-BAD, just... I feel like I got too easy with my words, let my guard down, said stupid shit, and ... probably wasn't as dignified as I like to wish I was. After just two glasses of tasty Zinfandel. And, still, no dinner. Now, I'm eating f#cking oatmeal as I type this.

I'm feeling really old and tawdry. I think I need to escape into another time. The Roaring Twenties, maybe.

No comments: