Thursday, April 29, 2010

Me on TV

I'm going to be on TV, which scares the bejeezus out of me. And, at the same time, I'm very excited! I'll think I'll stick with the excited part. There's no way I can lose weight in time to look good for the segment, so I'll just go with it. It's a little blurb about a shop hop tonight, airing on a little chat-show.


This is what I was wearing:

I love that brown blazer - it looks especially good with a cool black t shirt and dark, tight jeans (yes, despite my chub, I wear tight jeans). The necklace is actually a little oil phial. It's gorgeous, but doesn't show up well. And I love the shoes; comfy and tall. I actually wore tall shoes so I'd be the same height as the presenter (Joy), but then she kicked off her tall shoes and so I wound up looking like a GIGANTOR. You'll see.
This is probably all that will show on TV, for which I'm grateful.
Joy, the woman who introduced the store and the segment, is SO nice! No, really, she's just really nice and I felt more at ease than I thought I would. I'll post a link when it's available.
Golly! TV is FUN!
However, looking at my pics, I can see why Mr. Handsome says I look like Pam Ferr!s (as Laura in "R0semary & Thyme"). I do.

I asked him who I looked more like and he said, "Thyme." I see the resemblance!

Ok, so the segment just aired and I look MANIC! And very RED. Mr. Handsome says that it must be the Skype camera set-up and the ambient lighting causing my vibrant look. Kind of him, but it doesn't explain my MANICness. Holy cow. TV is scary!
Or the crazy eyes. yikes. And yet I share all this with you. huh. My narcissism knows no boundaries....


Joy was SOOOOooo nice! I mean, she really was nice and laid back and cheerful and just put me at ease. I can't imaging how zippy I would have been if she hadn't made me feel so comfortable. Doesn't she look just like Mariska Hargitay?
I used to think I kinda looked like Mariska, but, uh, no. I do think I need to go brown, though. Time to lose the red hair!
Ok, time to go for lunch!

2 comments:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Wow - TV?! That's fantastic!

I just wanted to pop over and thank you for entering the giveaway for my Karma Cards on the Charade blog. We have a few sets left if you're still keen! (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!!! I FINALLY watched this tv clip of you (my computer has flash/speed issues). You sounded SO CALM and KNOWLEDGEABLE and PROFESSIONAL!!! You also looked tall next to that interviewer/host. Great job plugging Litlife and the neighborhood businesses!!

Love ya,
Sis