Monday, March 7, 2011

chattering

The last few days I've been pet sitting for a beautiful husky/shepherd mix named Sweetie Pie and her kitty co-horts, the very regal and elegant Grey and silly, fiesty Tucker.  Their home is so comfortable and beautifully decorated; I want to live there.  Seriously, I wish I could stay the night, because it is SO difficult to both a) get my ass out of my nice warm bed to drive across town in the f-f-f-reezing cold at dawn and b) leave their sweet faces when I must, inevitably, leave.  I might ask their mommy if I can stay sometime when I'm babysitting for them.  It's been nice, though, to get out into the fresh, sparkling air and walk with Pie through her neighborhood.  And the kitties are VERY lovey.

~   ~   ~  ~

I'm catching a cold and it sucks.  I can feel it approaching, my throat is sore, soon to be raw; my nose is running like a leaky faucet; my body aches.  No way to stay home and rest.  Not only is there no one to cover for sick days at the bookstore, but I have to take care of Pie and Kitties.  AND, starting day after tomorrow, my neighbor's cats need care, too, twice a day meds.  Dreading that. Those cats hate me.  Well, no they don't.  But they hate their meds.

~   ~   ~  ~

Cleo had another serious episode last night.  So scary.  I wish I knew what triggered them.  I hope she's not suffering.  She doesn't SEEM to be; she seems just fine today.

~   ~   ~  ~

Well, that's just my surface chatter.  Lots more going on.  But I've got to get to work.

No comments: