Monday, March 14, 2011

making stuff up

It's all about the escape lately.  Escaping from reality, of course.  I've been watching marathons of TV shows online (Morse, Lewis, Sherlock) and just not focusing on anything that needs to be done.  No laundry, no phone calls, no duties... hell, showering is an accomplishment.

So, part of that, the last few days, has been creating stuff.  I've made more author magnets, that I hope to sell at the bookstore. I enjoy making them and I love to think of them having a home out in the world!

And I've started making articulated paper dolls for the In-Law Family Reunion.  I thought I'd make these dolls, attach pictures of people's faces to each one, and make a family tree.  There are some kids attending; maybe they'll want to play with them.  Here are the first two, Mr. Handsome and me.


I realized, right off, that our heads are WAY too small.  Reminds me of Beetlejuice.


Sadly, I only realized this after printing all the faces.  Not a big deal, really.  I'll just make the faces bigger!  Hopefully, they won't get all pixelated. I should make clothes for them, too. We look like we're part of a cult, wearing some special garb or onesie! It's kinda fun making them, though it's a LOT of work, more than I'd anticipated. Here's hoping I stick with it!

I've got a dear friend who has had such trials this year, 2011, that it's genuinely unbelievable. And, of course, there's Japan. My worries and problems are completely insignificant. A cliche, I know... but so, so true.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your author magnets. Can you sell your stuff on Etsy? I bet others would love them, too! Maybe you can put the things (minus the magnet) on other things like chains for necklaces...

Homebody said...

Hi Ashley! I did make a necklace, but I need to practice making those more... it's not quite right. I've looked into etsy, but they seem to take a pretty big chunk out of sales. I should look into it more.
I hope all is well with you! Thanks for commenting! I love comments; makes me want to post more!