Monday, March 21, 2011

Timing is everything

Our new schedule at work is good, it really is, even though I have a hard time remembering where I'm supposed to be each week and have to check all the time. It's three days on, three days off, three days on, three days off, THEN three days off, three days on, three days off, three days on, repeat. So, every month, we get a super-long weekend, which is really nice! It does mean fewer hours, less money. But the hardest thing is that, with working until 7:30 (store closes at 7:00 p.m. now), I can't schedule any classes for after work. They all seem to start at 7:00. Unless I join a proper gym or the Y. I can't afford that option. I've been very happy with the local recreation department fitness classes in the past, but their schedule doesn't fit mine. Bummer!

I've been taking an early-morning fitness class once a week that continues to kick my butt. And I'm losing flexibility. SO! I need to do some yoga. I love yoga! I haven't found a class I can afford that meets at a convenient time and I'm waaaay too shy to hook up with some random Craig's List person.  I have many DVDs and have downloaded many different options. Yet, I don't do them. I need a better/bigger space in which to practice, I don't like how slow they are, I blah blah blah. I WILL start, though, because getting my ass kicked once a week is apparently not enough for me.  I miss yoga.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I've been doing yoga, too! Love it! I have one more month to go before I leave, and I'm taking classes at a local gym 3-4 times a week. I don't know how so many people show up to these classes - half of them are during work hours. It's only because I'm currently unemployed that I'm able to take advantage of them. I agree, doing it solo is hard. I'm taking my yoga mat, a yoga DVD, and a yoga book with me to try and keep me going. Hope it works...