Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cake

I can't stop thinking about cake.  Chocolate cake. cake cake cake.  All because I watched a video of an interview with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding cake maker.
sooooooo pretty!




I could get Zingerman's:


Or an Arnie's Dutch Chocolate Torte
(like (H)andsome got me a few years ago)
It's my favorite cake, and they're local.


I could, of course, make for myself, but baking is a synthesis of chemistry, skill and magic.  I have never successfully made an edible cake.  Cupcakes, yes.  Cake, not so much.  And cupcakes are a TON of work.  Much easier to just buy a cake! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis! Here is a foolproof chocolate cake recipe: http://www.norahsrecipes.com/Recipes/Cakes/Cockeyed_Cake/cockeyed_cake.html

In her cookbook, Peg Bracken skips the bowl and mixes everything in the greased pan (sift the dry ingredients in first)! It's laughably easy and yummy too! I haven't tried the peppermint patty frosting mentioned in the link.

Love,
Sis

Homebody said...

mmmm.... CAKE!!! Thanks, Sis! I will try it! geez, I love cake.