Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A week in a day!

I did more today than I usually do in a whole week!  And that's kinda sad, but we won't go there.

Bro blew into town from the Deep South and actually gave me (almost) 24 hours notice, which is MAJOR for him!  Usually, it's the same day notice, or he just shows up.  It's fun, and it's frustrating, all at the same time.  But, ultimately, I'm just delighted to see him!  Before he left today, we met for breakfast with his son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law and son's brother-from-another-mother (it's complicated, but it works).
It was 6:30 a.m. - we were all pretty cheery for such an early hour.  I kinda forgot 6:30 a.m. existed.

Aren't they sweet? Ah, young love....

I love my Bro!


After that (8:00 a.m.), I met Cinnamon for coffee, but didn't get any pics.  It was SUPER crowded at the coffeeshop and we didn't get to meet for long, but it was wonderful to catch up in person with her.  Here's an old-ish pic, just for reference, and 'cause I love pics.


Then, I did laundry, and walked to work.

Yes, I did.

Yup, not kidding, I did, both too and from.  30 minutes each way.

For agoraphobic, chicken-chit, "are you lookin' at ME?" me, that's big news!  And manohman, do I ever need the exercise.  It should be good for me.  Right?  Only one cat-call, so that's good.  On the way home, I noticed a flying pig in someone's front yard, empty plastic easter eggs scattered all over another yard, and had to suffer through smelling the absolutely BEST, most DELICIOUS smelling BBQ from one block away.
It was fun!  Mostly.  Now I'm jonesin' for some bbq.


I really wish I'd gotten pics of the pig and the eggs.  The pig was aDORable, just really cute in a not "squee" sort of way.  And the slaughtered easter eggs....  There are no words.  I'll just give you this:




eek.



Off topic, I had really pretty hair yesterday!

No comments: