Monday, January 12, 2009

blah blah blah


I'm just about to leave to go meet The Blonde for tea at Marie Catrib's, so excuse the random babbling of this post. We were going to go ice skating, but that didn't work out. I used to LOOOOOVE ice skating, loved it better than anything! I haven't gone in over 20 years, I betcha, though, so I wonder if I can even stay upright on the blades! Maybe I'll try later.

I had SUCH an AWESOME surprise last week (10 days?), though! My nephew came to visit with his girlfriend, Gem! It was fantastic to see him and meet her and we all went to the Green Well for dinner and then just hung out back here after. It was the BEST present, ever!

Last Fri, Mr Handsome and I went to see "Gran Torino" with Museum Girl and Lawyer Boy. We all really enjoyed it, and the Q&A with the lead actress afterwards, too. It's not your typical Eastwood movie, if such an animal even exists. It was very good, regardless! And then we went to Rose's for drinks and snacks. All fun!

Today, I opened the book store 'specially for a book club that wanted to meet there. It was very lucrative, as they spent ~$164! Woo-hoo! Yay! And I just sat there and read my book! Then I went and got Cleo's kibble from the vet. Always a bit awkward to go there. Oh, well. I respect and admire the vet who cares for the kitties and I also trust the vet techs; it's just the receptionists with whom I feel awkward. Kitties need their prescription food, so I gotta go there! The kitties are worth it. Even if Bubba is, right now, being extremely annoying by meowing and clawing at the basement door to try to get to Cleo's special food (which he may NOT have; he's got a separate diet for a different issue from hers)!

No comments: