Monday, January 5, 2009

New Who


They've just announced who the new D0ctor Wh0 will be! Matt Sm!th. (I'm using 133t 'cause I don't want lots of hits from DW fans.) He has the right look (quirky-sexy) though his voice is a bit thin, kinda like the current DW, Dav!d Tenn@nt. You can read about Smith here and here. I'm very excited, though I have to wait about two years until I can get the DVDs. Grrrr.... wish I traveled to the UK on a regular basis. Or, hell, at ALL!

My favorite, all-time, BEST D0ctor was played by T0m ]3aker! He had such a crazy, wild, unpredictable sense of fun and honor and he also had (and still has) a great voice! Dark and smooth and resonant. Made my pre-adolescent knees melt. I was totally in love with his Doct0r.

Chr!stopher E¢¢leston is my 2nd favorite D0ctor. He had a lot of the same qualities as Baker: gallant, sexy, tall, confident, passionate... one felt that their D0ctors would be able to always keep you safe, no matter what adventure you found yourself in. I totally crushed on him.

I hope they'll get an engaging assistant for the new T1me L0rd. I've felt very lukewarm about the last two most recent ones. My favorites were Sarah J@ne Sm!th (with Baker's) and R0se Ty1er (with E¢¢leston's). R0se continued on with the regenerated D0ctor, played by D@vid Tenn@nt, but I never really bonded to DT's T!me L0rd. He was too..., I dunno, silly, I guess, without the personality/prescence to make it seem like anything but a little boy playing around. I never had confidence that he would be able to get us out of a tight spot. Also, the actor has a very weak chin and I like a rugged face for my heroes! hee hee!

E1isabeth S1aden played Sarah J@ne. She was very sweet, gutsy, smart, and was obviously in love with the D0ctor. * sigh *

Bi11ie πper played R0se. R0se was an inner-city girl, very independent, spunky, ready for ANYTHING! She obviously loved her D0ctor(s), too!

So, while I wait for more updates, I'll be watching DW courtesy of Netflix!

No comments: