Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

We were so busy at the store on Halloween, I was too tired to go out afterwards and party. Darn it! I'm mad at myself for that, but, geez, I was completely exhausted. I did have a cute costume, though, completely homemade.





Poet Boy went as a hippie, courtesy of my dashiki, rose-colored glasses and necklaces, Gina went as a milkmaid (albeit a 5 months preggers one), and I'm a kitty cat! My face looks weird in the group photo, 'cause some customers walked in right then!
We had a Halloween Party for kids and there were probably 50 kids there, with their attendant grown-ups. Our little store was a vortex of chaos! Yowza! We felt quite shell-shocked when it was all over, and there was nothing left but cupcake and sprinkle crumbs ground into the carpet. Little monsters....

I've realized (kind of more like a sledgehammer-to-the-head than a lightbulb moment) that work is absolutely consuming me. I'm working from home, I'm dreaming of work, I'm thinking about it ALL the time. I know this is temporary, until Book Doctor is recovered (she's back in the hospital, after being out for a day and half), but that will be months. I MUST find a way to balance my life! To get a life, outside of work. I need more hobbies than just reading and watching DVDs, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I am so sorry that work is all consuming. I wish it didn't have to be. Take care of yourself too!

Homebody said...

Chica! You, too! You've got so much going on, I can't wrap my head around it!