Wednesday, December 9, 2009

snow and ice

There's a thick crust of ice on the snow now, after the big storm we got last night. More snow is on the way. It's Blizzard Time!

I think I'll walk to work - good exercise and I don't have to worry about crashing the car. I've been caught up in worrying lately. At work last week, I mae a stuuuuupid mistake and couldn't figure out how to fix it. My coworker was trying to help, but I just kept getting more and more frustrated to the point where she actually said "you need to calm down." Which, of course, is very embarrassing and never works. It just adds another layer of anxiety. I felt (and still feel) so guilty that this very preggers woman, with two little children (and a rather gormless hubby) at home waiting for her, stayed with me to the bitter end of this stupid debacle. She had it figured out - I still am somewhat confused. I'm embarrassed and ashamed. Of course, it's all ancient history now, so I'm gonna just try to let that go.
I've got a beloved friend who is in such a dark place, suicidal. I can't help, I can't be there - all I can do is let him know he's loved and there are people who would be so sad if he wasn't on this earth. Not enough, not enough.... I wish there was something I could do. I'm glad he's at least trying to get help, though, with a therapist and pharma magic. But he says it's not helping.

I'm late for work. Gotta go. It's a cold, dark day.
~~~
Ok, I had to share this, silly though it is - I'm at work, had to drive to be on time (make-up did NOT work today, had to fix, took lots of time, grrrr) so didn't get any exercise, but then I was shoveling the icy slushy snow from the store's sidewalks. A kind angel had shoveled once, but it needed it again. So, I shoveled, got all hot and sweaty, took off my sweater to cool down and my bra broke. I'm going to have to be braless at the bookstore today. My C-cups don't like to be unsupported. Luckily, I have a big scarf, so I'll be somewhat camoflaged.
Actually, it's pretty comfy!

No comments: