Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dinner Out with the Girls

We Girls try to get together for dinner once a month. We're pretty good at making it happen! It's always, never fail, a good time. I am so lucky to be friends with these women; they are, each of them, so fascinating, interesting and just all-around lovely people.

Lima has a tan, but, more impressively, her nail polish matches her automobile!

I've put a black bar over my friends' eyes to help conceal their identities, don't know if it helps. It sorta looks like a "G1amour Don't." But, many people do not want their pic on the 'net, so I try to comply (even if they've said it's ok). I'll remove the bar(s) later if they say "Geez, Homebody, that looks ridiculous. Set my eyes free." ~~UPDATE 7/9~~~ Lima said Amnesteye International called and demanded her eye's freedom! Bar removed! (But I didn't from the picture she shares with Museum Girl 'cause I'm lazy. Hey, it's my blog. I can do what I want!)


Lima and Museum Girl (concealed behind a museum) go over the bill.

The Blonde couldn't make it this time (family commitments), but the rest of us did, including Furniture Girl's victim, er, friend! We ate at a Turkish restaurant, Zeytin's, and everything was delicious! It's a very beautiful restaurant, very spare decor, and elegantly done. Our server was just the right amount attentive, too. Quite a feat with five women!


Furniture Girl has beautiful hair. I covet her hair.

There was a trio playing pop music along the lines of Cowboy Junkies, and, um, I forget the other covers they did. They were very good, but it's a small restaurant with lots of hard (sound-bouncing) surfaces, so it was quite loud, which was annoying. But only slightly. I just dislike feeling I must shout to be heard and/or missing part of the conversation because I can't hear what's being said.

Furniture Girl and her friend, NKY, have awesome smiles!

So, we've been doing these dinners since January. I think it's been pretty collaborative. Apparently, though, I'm all talk, and no walk. I didn't realize I hadn't been pulling my load. It was decreed that I should have a cookout at my house for the next one, including spouses, SOs, etc. Ok! I have to work the day that was suggested, but everyone can just come a little later. It'll all work out. And I asked/begged/demanded (I hope I didn't do THAT) of Furniture Girl that she bring her World Famous Salad! Honestly, her salad is soooooooooo good! I could eat it as a main course and I am a confirmed carnivore.

Your hostess, Homebody, enjoys a nice Robert Strong.
















I told you Lima's polish matched her auto!

No comments: