Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shopping, reading, my car and SPIDEY


(Marvel, you are awesome! Thanks for the pic!)




I SCORED today at Goodwill! I've been looking for a new wardrobe, pretty consistently, at thrift stores and have come up empty. Today, I hit the jackpot! Ten tops, three bottoms and shoes all for about $50! YAY! I might post pics later. If I do, let me know what you think; I'm a TERRIBLE judge of what suits me.
Which is why I'm going to go shopping again, in about a month. Museum Girl very sweetly offered to go shopping with me, and, as she always looks really polished and put-together (and has kick-ass jewelry), I'm going to accept and we'll figure out a date. Right now is super-busy for both of us, so we can hold off for a while. I'd like to check out some new stores, like Pink Blvd (http://www.pinkblvdclothing.com - sorry, I couldn't make it "clicky") and some old faves, like Ann Taylor and Talbot's. And maybe Banana Republic, but their colors are dull.

Also, here is Edward Cullen:
(aka Robert Pattinson) (photo credit:AP Photo: In this Friday, Nov. 18, 2005 file photo, actor Robert Pattinson appears in Tokyo...)
I've enjoyed the Twilight series so far (by Stephenie Meyer) and am waiting VERY impatiently for the fourth and final book. The series is intended for the teen market, but I like it, anyway. The girl is a regular Jane, not a richy or a supermodel or perfect. She's just a regular kid. I remember the all-consuming and irresponsible love I had for my first love (oh, my god, what a saga) and this brings it all fresh to my memory (and not without a bit of pain). The movie based on Twilight comes out in December. If you have a teen, particularly a teen girl, you know all of this already!

This is what I drive. She's an automatic trannie, not a lot of get up and go. But she does what she has to! One of my favorite things is to turn a corner really fast and sharply while braking so she kind of slides or "drifts" around the corner. Very effective for making red lights! hee hee! People just don't expect a Prius to behave that way!


Now, I'm off to go catch up on my Spider-Man comics. Jim at Argos Books is a gem! He'll track down used books for my and he saves three Spidey titles for me and doesn't get mad when it takes me a fiscal quarter to pick them up!
(http://www.argosbooks.com - sorry, I couldn't make it "clicky")

No comments: