Thursday, August 21, 2008

mmmm Cajun....

Lima and I just had dinner and non-stop convo at Chez Bayou in Eastown. It was very cute in there! They've tried to make it feel like you're in a little place in the French Quarter, sitting on a balcony, looking into a courtyard. It's completely different from anything else in town - and that's a good thing! And the food was yummy, too! AND they have good beer on tap. I had Fuller's ESB, which went down nice and easy. Lima and I walked from my house. Nice to stretch our legs! We saw many lovely gardens on the way. This time of year is usually pretty dessicated, gardens limp and pale, wasted from heat, sun and drought. But this year has been kind and everything is exploding with color and fragrance and tallness! It's brilliant! We also passed one kinda scary house - lots of people hanging out, wearing their gang togs, staring hard at us as we passed. It was all ok; just awkward for a mo'.

It was wonderful to just chitty chat and blab with Lima! We got into some deep subjects, too, but after a couple beers, we were just giggly. Good thing we walked! She's getting her house painted right now. I'm a bit jealous. My dining room has been half-way prepped for painting for over two years now. * sigh * Procrastination isn't a habit with me; it's a way of life.

No comments: