Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween is coming!

I need a comfy, modest, easy-to-move-in costume to wear during work on Halloween. We have an all-day party that day for the kiddoes. I was thinking I'd wear my fleece, one-piece, footed jammies with a white-blond wig and call myself a cloud. But the one-piece thing kinda hugs my chub, making me look very voluptuous and kinda sexy for the kids' party. Unlike this slim and tall girl.

So, that's out. Though it might help sell books. To the dads. heh. No. So, I need a costume.


I read about this: "Wear a white tee with a yellow circle painted or appliqued on, with devil horns and tail. Devilled egg!" See, I looooove devilled eggs and there's a restaurant down the street that I'm always busking for, pushing their devilled eggs. It'll be perfect!
Here's Gwennie, wearing a fried egg. Cute!



When I was recently at Goodwill, I thought about copying a baby costume. A skunk. A black tee with a white circle on the chest, a white stripe down the back, black sweats and a white tail, little black ears. That's a lot of sewing, though.

I love love LOVE this costume.

But I have to be able to move freely, so it's out. Bummer! So cute!

I also can't be scary. Gina was scary last year. Mrs. Dracula. A GREAT costume, but too scary. I was a poodle-skirted '50's girl Boring. Had a wig, though! Love wigs!

No comments: