Thursday, October 22, 2009

wasting time or being creative?


I just spent about a half hour designing a mug on an online "design your own" site with the sexy reader here and a quote from Louisa May Alcott ("She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.") but wound up not buying my own, very cool, design. I'm just too damn cheap. But I think this shows that we all have a need to create SOMETHING.

I've been knitting, not very well, for a while now. I really enjoy it! I love my rectangles! I just learned how to crochet in a circle, so I'm very excited about this. I've been making these little magnets, using a half-marble (or "Floral Gem"), a small image and a magnet; I'm ridiculously proud of them! I've been refining the process so they look pretty darn good and I can make them pretty quickly. It's fun! And it's so much fun to give them away!

What are you creating recently?

No comments: