Wednesday, February 10, 2010

not a Snowpocalypse, after all

Well, all the frenzied exclamations about the HUGE snowstorm we were supposed to get came to naught, at least here in the Valley of the Grand. Other places got hit much, much harder, but here, it's just really pretty. We got about 6 inches, maybe 8, and now the sun is as bright as Miami in May; everything is so shiny, it hurts to look outside!


Yesterday, I had to shovel twice, at the store. The last time, as I finished up, I decided to take some pictures, even though it was very gray and heavy outside. As I took pics of the street, a scooter zipped into frame! Isn't it great?!?


I AM going to go outside, though. I've got the day off and I'm going Thrifting! First time in AGES. I've been on a bit of a craft kick recently and need more stuff. Ok, not really. I don't actually "need" more stuff, but I've got plans, man! PLANS! I'm going to make dog and cat toys, and some glasses bags, and some tee shirt tote bags.
I made this one from an old tee of mine during Super Bowl (before we switched over to the final episode of "Emma" which was FUN!). It's got an old placemat for a bottom. I just couldn't bear to get rid of this tee shirt. This was MY team!
I also made the potholders below. I still need to add a little alligator to the pink one. So, I need to find some green poly-fleece at the thrifts. Wish me luck!

No comments: