Tuesday, February 15, 2011

VD stuff


Mr. Handsome disagrees with Valentine's Day. I think ANY day to celebrate something wonderful is GREAT! You made every single light on your way to work? Let's celebrate! Anyhoo, I don't expect much for/from Valentine's Day, but this year, he really hit it.

He made over a dozen romantic pieces of origami (which is how he wooed me in the first place, back in the day) and send me lovey-dovey texts all day! I loved it, loved finding the individual pieces of origami tucked around my regular day. Here's a heart in the coffee can! Here's a crane in my make-up drawer! Ooh, a heart tucked inside my laptop! How sweeet, a crane tucked into the milk jug handle! Yeah, I LOVED it!

So, I made him cookies. His fave, chocolate chip. Now, I'm Famous in My Own Mind® for making really, off-puttingly ugly cookies. I don't know what I do wrong. I try different stuff, they always wind up looking like little piles of excrement. With solids. ew. Anyhoo, they taste fine. BUT! I wanted to make pretty cookies for him, to let him know that I appreciated his effort and that I appreciate him. Seriously, all that lovey stuff. So I decided to be completely cheesy and make them into heart shapes.

I cut out the cookies,

baked them as directed...

... uh oh...

...ummm, this isn't working....

Oh, well. I'll just cut one into a BIG heart! Success!

Yeah, it was a sweet Valentine's Day, with a little help from John Russo! Note the cute Italian sweets (in the little boxes) and the delicious chocolate port. Nice!

2 comments:

Sis said...

Aw!!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Valentines Day! It all sounds very Valentine-y and not Hallmark-y.

Love you lots!!
-Sis

Homebody said...

Yeah, it was really nice! Romance comes in all forms!