Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Four Bucks

I had SO HOPED Sheri could come up early to visit before her yoga class, but I haven't heard from her, so she must not be able to. Of course, maybe she decided to go to yoga locally, instead of driving 1.5 hours each way (I know I would). I wish she'd call back, though. 'Cause maybe we can meet in Saugatuck tomorrow! I've only got one pet visit, around noon! (update: I was calling her landline, not her cell. She's got at least four messages from me, in varying states of huffiness, down to really random (i.e., "Hi! You should drive a PT Cruiser, a silver PT Cruiser, to be specific. OK, bye!"). I finally figured that out, called her cell, and the four of us are going to get together again tomorrow. yay!)

I went to the library yesterday after pet visits, to research PTSD, while I waited for Bubba to be finished with his groom. I was hoping to read some of the stuff today, but I doubt that's going to happen. Today was very busy, busier than normal for me. Maybe I'll have time to read later tonight. I got a BUNCH of books. I couldn't find anything on the dermatillomania, to do with chewing on fingers (not fingernails, but the skin. This site narrows it down to fingers and calls it onychophagia). I've chewed my fingers bloody since I was in 5th or 6th grade. That's a long time. I've tried to stop soooooo many times! Distraction (gum-chewing, knitting, painting my nails), aversion (putting nasty-tasting stuff on my fingers), shame (leaving myself notes about how disgusting it is), prevention (wrapping my fingertips in bandaids so I can't get to them). Nothing has worked. Nothing. And it is a vile habit. Not only is it disgusting to witness, my fingers, themselves, are disgusting. Scabbed and swollen down to the first knuckle. And it hurts. Which, I guess, is the point.

The library I was at didn't have anything on that, but I did find stuff on OCD (which I don't think is pertinent, but what the hell, the library is FREEEEEE!) and one thing on PTSD. So. We'll see. ... I still have to get that second blood test (why do I have elevated potassium levels? Problem with my kidneys? Does this mean no more booze?!?!?!? :-O ). I will, tomorrow.

And, finally, we reached the Rotten Grail - gas is $4 gallon.

(picture borrowed from woodtv.com, picture actually taken by Tommy Dylan of the radio show Tommy and Brook on Star 105.7; I hope that's ok! Thank you, Channel 8 (that's WOOD TV)!)

No comments: