Monday, May 12, 2008

Lion!





Bubba's fur was so badly matted, we couldn't help him out! What with him never grooming himself (hence the name of Bubba) and it hurting him when we comb him, he got matted down to the skin. So, I knew he'd need to be shaved. I decided to get him a "Lion Trim."

Here's what he looked like before, in all his fluffy glory.

I took him to the vet (where his groomer is; he has to be sedated for grooming, 'cause he'll bite. It's the ONLY time he'll bite and it takes a while, but a Lion Trim takes a long time, so he had to be sedated. I am now hearing the Ramones' "I Want To Be Sedated" in my head.




It took pretty much all day. Now he's wandering around, wanting food, kinda stumbling, still gorked out a bit. He's like a drunk at the end of the night who wants some BK goodness. He couldn't have any breakfast since he was being sedated (don't want him vomiting while he's unconscious and aspirating all the kibble), so he's STARVING now and has already busted into the food bin. He really looks silly. Especially with his baby-blue bow! But he does look kinda cute.

In a ridiculous way.
Cleo disagrees.
She thinks he just looks ridiculous.

No comments: