Sunday, September 21, 2008

Birthday WEEKEND!

Ma and Pa Handsome came over this morning to drop off my birthday presents! They left a message on the machine last night, singing "Happy Birthday" and it was really cute, 'cause Ma Handsome was giggling in the background at the beginning of the message while Pa Handsome was saying they hoped I was having a good day. Ma Handsome is not typically a giggler, so that's why it was so cute!

So, Pa Handsome made some homemade mayonnaise for me, which I had particularly requested at one point, weeks ago (I'm not shy about asking for food!). If you've never had homemade mayo, you're missing out! It's wonderful!





Ma Handsome gave me this really cool ring (Bubba was curious about the ring)! It's a whole bunch of "leaves" of glass, attached to an elastic band which is inside a silver tube. It's really comfortable, because it's stretchy; and the "leaves" can move independently, so it's kind of a toy, too!

That was awfully nice of them. Sometimes I feel like a total outsider in Mr Handsome's family, but then, other times, they're so very sweet to me.... I appreciate them remembering my birthday and making that extra effort for me, it really means a lot.

No comments: