Sunday, December 7, 2008

cold!

It's very cold here.

Cleo is loving the heating pad, underneath her nest, in her cave of blankets! She complains, very, VERY loudly if we turn it off!















Bubba lies directly in front of the heat duct, with his face sometimes pressed against it. And he's got LOTS of fur (and fat) to insulate him!


I was going to meet Hometown Girl about an hour south of here, but there was a winter storm advisory for the area, so we chatted on the phone instead of risking the drive. We both hate, loathe, and detest the phone, but it was fun, anyway! We just chatted and chatted, much like we did when we were teens! I loved talking to her and feeling like we got to spend some time together, even if we didn't get any Christmas shopping done. I love her!

Then, Mr Handsome and I went to the Hobby House (the name for the cottage). There is just one, tiny, itty-bitty, little radiant heater out there and it was FREAKIN' COLD! Luckily, we brought provisions.



Seriously, it was so amazingly cold in the Hobby House, I spent the three hours we were there underneath a thick wool comforter along with all my layers (fleece turtleneck, long-underwear shirt, wool turtleneck, hat, mittens, ankle-length wool coat, two layers of long-john bottoms, leggings, jersey skirt, wool over-the-calf length socks, shearling slippers)! I finished one book and started another, drank copious amounts of hot tea (and a beer!) and listened to Spanish music. It was good, actually, to hang out out there with Mr. Handsome; I rarely go to the Hobby House, as there is nothing productive for me to do! That's why I just lazed around and read while Mr. Handsome did mysterious things having to do with sinks. Plumbing, I think he called it. I dunno. I'm just waiting to paint.

No comments: