Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Freaking out rant




I've been lost in Nostalgia lately, truly lost. Looking at favorite movies, tv shows, fashions from 15+ years ago. Living more in the past than the Right Now. I have a super-easy, really nice life; yet all I see are the dirty dishes, the laundry, the piles of books to be read. The vacuum looms like a beast from nightmares. At the bookstore, the honeymoon is over. The fibromyalgia has cranked up. I'm chubbier than ever.



All of the above is well within my control. It's the same old thing: I know what I need to do, I don't need anyone to TELL me; I just need to do it! Years ago, when I felt overwhelmed, I'd ask my friend Furniture Girl, to come over and keep me company while I shovelled out the muck. She's an actual grown-up now, though, with a heavy-duty job, a needy husband, a toddler and a nugget on the way. And a hugemungous house of her own to care for.

Ok, what I've decided to do is to start walking to work, at least once a week. I have to go through some pretty rough 'hoods, but it'll be during the day and it's not like I'm going to carry a Louis Vuitton bag or anything. So, that's one. Another is, I'm going to stop adding to the "to be read" pile. Those books stare at me, neglected children. Mr. Handsome and I need to figure out a fair housework schedule, too. Just telling him I can't do it all myself doesn't get anywhere.

Also, more sleep. AND more coffee. One cup a day isn't enough. And hasn't helped the insomnia, anyway. Anyone out there using a dream journal? Does that help with the sleeping?

No comments: