Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lighthouse

I have the morning off, so I SHOULD be dusting, vacuuming, doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms, but, hey, dirt always waits. Instead, I'll talk more about the SIBS REUNION!

It was a kinda chilly day (note Sis's cardi), and the water was downright cold (this has been a very chilly July), so we just hung out on the beach for a few minutes before continuing on up the pier. There were people in the water, though. They stayed right there the whole time we were on the pier; they just stayed in the water! Were they mannequins, put out there to fool us all??? Or just insensitive to the cold? Either way, I say "brrrrr..."

We wandered down to the end of the pier. I was taking it easy, due to pain (despite the two pints of beer); Sis's squeeze, Spy Master, says I look like I'm walking like W!nnie the P00h here.




I think he's right!






There were quite a few people at the end of the pier, probably waiting for sunset, though that was at least an hour away. Next time Sis visits, I'm going to take her to the beach and we'll have a picnic and we'll watch the sunset. There's just no place like the lake. We grew up with it as our own, private, magical lake and not having it anymore is like a soul pain.

GEESH! AAAANYway, we watched the lake, we watched the boats, we watched the people, and we watched the fishermen. It was a beautiful evening.


















































































Then it was time to go back.




Look how tall Mr Handsome is and how tiny my sis is!












This is a really cute pic of Sis.



She's so cute!

No comments: