Monday, August 17, 2009

more painting

Well, it's been very rainy, hot and humid, so Mr Handsome can't play work in the garden on the deck, and my paint is taking forEVER to dry, but here is the first coat of paint (go here for before pics)!
Unfortunately, the boring-ass cream color I THOUGHT I chose turned out to be a lemony-cream color, heavy on the lemon.






It's YELLOW! sheesh.






















Also, I started ANOTHER project. When we moved in (over 12 years ago, ahem), the FIRST thing Mr. Handsome did was take down the ridiculously over-sized ceiling fan in the living room. But we never did anything about the mess of wires oozing out of the hole. Well, eventually, he kinda capped them off, but we never repaired the hole or replaced it with a different fixture. There it sat, ugly and raw, an open wound, for over a decade.













I'm gonna tackle this baby! Maybe it'll just be a b@nd @id I put on it, but anything's gotta be better than that!





















Updated Aug 18, 11:45 p.m.
Second coat is finished in both rooms. For the ceiling hole, I painted a plastic food-container lid and hot-glued it to the ceiling. It only stayed up for a day. :(

No comments: