Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cleo news

Well, Cleo has ANOTHER UTI, but is responding well to antibiotics. Also her kidney disease is progressing, as expected. We could give her subcutaneous (subQ) fluids a couple-three times a week, which would FREAK her (and me) out, or we can let things go naturally, keeping her as hydrated and as comfy as possible for her last few months (or, hopefully, years). She's 19 years old. She's my baby girl. Even if she's old enough to vote. I'm preparing myself to say goodbye, even though I know she's got lots of time left. And, of course, she's going to live forever.

I'm working on the dining room. Its walls are MESSED UP. Someone, in the past, skim-coated the plaster. Now, it's peeling away in huge sheets, revealing crevasses and cracks and even holes. Cripes. I was hoping I could just wash and then paint the walls. Nuh-uh. Lots of spackle and then I'll probably skim-coat it myself. THEN I get to paint it. But I still haven't chosen a color. I keep getting drawn to cinnamon-ey reds!

Well, enough procrastination for now. hmm.... I think I'll get another cup of coffee....

Updated at 6:47 p.m.:
I finished scraping, washing and rinsing the walls last night and have now finished priming them. Mr Handsome says I should do that BEFORE the skim-coat. * sigh * another step. Now, for the last two hours, I've been trolling the 'net, ostensibly "while I had lunch." HA! It doesn't take two hours to eat a piece of pizza, three hot wings and a dozen Pr!ngles. ...or does it...?

No comments: