Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reading


I have a lot of books I haven't read yet. Many of them are advanced reader copies, books sent to us booksellers before they're final edition is printed. If we read them and recommend them as SOON as they're published, it's benefits everyone, so they send us these books for FREE! I get greedy. I take loads of 'em home, planning on reading them (really, I mean to!), but I just can't keep up.

I also go to the library a LOT for books I want to read but don't want to buy. I looooooove the library, it's a wonderful public resource. After work, I stopped by and got The Magicians, by Lev Grossman. Sort of a "fix" for those of us having magic-withdrawal, after Harry Potter. I had to FORCE myself to put it down to try to get some sleep, it's GOOD! I going to actually BUY this book, 'cause I think I want to share it around and I KNOW I'll want to read it again!

No comments: