Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cinnamon

Last night, after work, I met up with Cinnamon for a drink.  We went to Graydon's, a place where you can actually have a conversation with your friends while enjoying their vittles.  What was supposed to be just a drink and some chatting really got into some deep waters and I'm so glad we both had the time to spend a few hours together.

Cinnamon is one of my True Friends.  It doesn't bother her a bit that I disappear for months at a time only to show up again as though no time had passed.  She's one of the most independent, strongest women I know.  Also, one of the kindest. She's no saint, of course, but she's an angel in my life.  She's going through a really tough time, actually for the last couple of years has been, and I wish I could do something to help.

It's so hard when a friend is hurting and there's nothing concrete to do about it.  Sometimes, I guess the best thing is an open heart and wide ears.

No comments: