Sunday, January 30, 2011

So, today...

Still painful, still sucks, but today was beautiful! The sun was just so cheery and clean and bright, no one could be grouchy today. It was just lovely.

I'm making these right now and here's my work in progress:
I'm also planning on making these little critters. I'll keep you posted in a future post about my progress!

So, way last Dec. 14th I got my hair cut, just a trim. But she chopped four inches, trying to get my hopelessly wavy hair "straight in the back." This is a sisyphean task. You CAN'T get my hair straight across the back. She's been doing my hair, pretty reliably, for the past 3+ years, so I was really surprised at this, but we all f#ck up sometimes. I'm just so bummed that it's back up to just barely brushing my shoulders when I've been trying so hard to grow it out.
Before (standing up straight):

After (oops, kinda slouchy):

It's not tragic on a global level or anything, I know. It's just hair and it'll grow. I do have it in perspective. Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed, though.

But back to today - it was a good day! IMmed with Sis and Ell for a couple of hours, always fun. I love my Sis so much, it feels like she's a part of me. And I chatted on the phone (yes, on the actual phone) with Cali Girl for a couple of hours, too, and that was good. We cleared the air, I think, about some stuff and I feel much more hopeful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1: OMG!!! You look GORGEOUS in both pics, Sis!!! I can sympathize with your trim disappointment, but only so far - YOU LOOK FABULOUS!

#2: I hope the pain has subsided. I hope the sunshine lasts and that storm skips over you.

#3: Cool heart crafty project! Must be a valentine for someone :)


Love you!!!
--Sis

Homebody said...

Hi Sis!
Thanks for the nice words! The sunshine was amazing this morning, too, then it got cloudy. I betcha the storm will stay just south of us again - AGAIN! I'm ok with that, actually!
The heart turned out looking kinda "kuntry" so I need to try again with different fabric. I just used what I had lying around. It was fun, though, and easy!

Love you!
Sis