Sunday, January 9, 2011

cooking


Good God, I really want to make this a positive place to visit, one you'll want to come back to, but sometimes, a person just has to VENT. Like a tea kettle. I had to go grocery shopping today because I forgot to pick up City garbage bags when I went grocery shopping two days ago. Seriously, I'd rather clean a stranger's toilet than go grocery shopping. All the people, all the visuals, all the sounds, all the STUFF! It's overwhelming and I hate hate hate it. So, they were out or garbage bags, which I found out after waiting in line for 10 minutes. (Man, I am just whining now.) Anyway, I went to three other places before I finally found some. GEEZ! All my own fault, too, 'cause I didn't pick them up two days ago. * sigh *

And I'm cooking today. I don't enjoy cooking. The food does not taste better if I cook it. I try to "imbue it with love as I prepare nourishment for my family," but it still feels like drudgery. Value for effort = low. I want to turn these dreaded chores into something positive or at least neutral, but I'm not there yet.

Well, a lot is changing so maybe I need to just go with it for now, staying aware of my own limitations and who I REALLY am, rather who I WISH I were. There are some relationships I'm dealing with right now that kind of mirror this. Value for effort = low. I've got a new schedule at the bookstore, which will give me more time to work on the house and my life.

Uh oh, the broccoli is burning.

No comments: