Sunday, January 16, 2011

Soundtrack for a Happy Day

Music is so powerful! Have you read Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks or This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin? I highly recommend BOTH!

Here are some cheerful selections to brighten your day:













Do you have any suggestions to add to the soundtrack? Please leave 'em in the comments!

It's been a Yoga Weekend. Yesterday, I went to a new-to-me studio with a friend who just signed up for classes. It was in a suburban office building, but they'd created such a lovely space, and the many windows look out over a lake, I really forgot I was in a building that shares space with an insurance company. Really, really pretty. It was mega-crowded and I was SUPER grouchy to start, but it all turned out really well! I might join my friend again.

Today, I went to a close-to-home place that I've been meaning to go to for ages. The Armenta Studio. It has a more organic feel to it, a little more down-to-earth and genuine feel. I really liked it! I was really nervous and anxious about going, but it also turned out great. I had a good workout and will prob go back again!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

What fun! I love Kool & the Gang - takes me right back to high school.