Tuesday, January 12, 2010

leftovers


I am hungry for leftovers.

I never thought of it before, really, but a hot beef sandwich with mashed potatoes and extra gravy is a way to serve leftovers. Pot pies, too, are a way to serve leftovers. Shepherd's (or cottage) pie - same thing. Leftovers. I love all those dishes, but typically hate leftovers. huh.

I want to go to the Cottage for a hot beef sandwich (and a glass of milk), but Mr Handsome is in the middle of something and wants to wait about an hour. An HOUR! I'm hungry NOOOOOOoooowwwwww!!! Yup, that's me, whining. Luck, lucky man - gets to listen to me whine like a baby about paying for someone else's leftovers.

We had my co-workers over for dinner and games (which was a lot of fun, actually!) and I made a pot pie, using some left-over roasted chicken and veggies. It was delish! I'm quite proud of it, actually. Might do it again, if we ever have the right leftovers and some puff pastry. 'Cause I'm not up to making my own flaky crust. No, my pie crusts are like soggy cardboard that someone found at the bottom of a dumpster. Frozen puff pastry is a wonderful invention! You can do all kinds of stuff with it! Super-easy desserts, the afore-mentioned pot pies, tarts, bread sticks... it's fabulous!

Geez, I'm hungry.

No comments: