Friday, January 29, 2010

safflower for breakfast


I got up early this morning so I can be sure to be on time to work, 'cause Book Doc is working today and how bad would it be for me to be late on the day I'm working with her? Oh yes, very bad, indeed. However, instead of just doing my normal routine, I did extra stuff today. Like fill the birdfeeders. Of course, I first had to spill the huge 20 pound bag of birdseed, first. Cleo enjoyed watching me clean up the dune of bone-colored safflower seeds. She just sat on the floor register, as the heat enveloped her five pound body, and smiled at me at I swept up the drift.
The birds were grateful, though. One chickadee sat in a shrub as I filled its feeder, "chick"ing at me. It was within arm's reach! Hungry, cold bird. It's -10F (wind chill) this morning. c-c-c-c-cold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!...

"...dune of bone-colored safflower seeds."

HAHAHHAHAA! EXCELLENT visual, Sis! Cleo is the Nancy Regan of cats.

Love ya,
Sis

Homebody said...

HAHAHAHA!!! "the Nancy Reagan of cats." HAHAHAHAHA!!!! She really DID have a way of just smiling, in a rahthuh superior way, didn't she?

Love you!
Sis