Saturday, January 23, 2010

Li'l Update (ft. Links)

(My post title sounds like a super geeky rap artist and his featured guest artist.)

So! Cali Girl came and went and it was just LOVELY to chat with her for hours. We sat around the house gabbing, crying, laughing, got hungry and went for brunch. We went to my FAVE place to go for breakfast/brunch, Cheri Inn. Always delicious, always charming, always filled with light. She liked it, too.
Then, we went to the bookstore, because I really wanted to show her where I spend my days. I love the bookstore. I'm happy there. I feel like I belong. It's wonderful. Also, it's a beautiful space and I was showing off. Book Doc was there, so my best friend got to meet her! Yay!
After that, we wandered around the 'hood a bit, looked in the windows of some other shops, gazed at the yoga place up the street. Too bad I couldn't show her the inside - it's GORGEOUS. The whole back wall of the main room is windows. With a garden outside. But it was very cold, despite the vigorous sunshine, so we had to move on.
Where did we go next? The Library, of course! I am a geek. Also, I had a book that was overdue. Additionally, I am still very proud that I had a small part in the restoration and expansion of our beautiful public library system (I worked for the foundation that made it all possible). I love the library. What a wonderful, precious resource. All those books (and music and videos)! All for FREE! Lovely.
It was so wonderful to see Cali Girl, to share a little of my life with her, in real time. To see her beautiful face and beaming smile. I miss her terribly. So, spending time with her was just a very special treat.

It was a lovely lovely lovely day.


~~~~~

The next day, Monday, I went to Bro's to beat him at chess. But, once again, he kicked my tushie. I was obliterated. What the hay-ell?!?! I need to practice. It's so much fun to play, though! I really enjoy it and am looking forward to playing again.
He's talked about how his apartment complex is like a wild animal petting zoo, because there are dozens of deer and turkeys, not to mention myriad squirrels and birds, none of which seem all that worried about human nearness. Probably because lots of the apartment dwellers like to feed the critters! We saw both deer AND turkeys when I was there. It was AWESOME! Turkeys are BIG! And move awkwardly. And will battle each other for zucchini bread. They loved the zucchini bread I brought over (it was pretty stale, but they didn't mind).



~~~~

The rest of the week went by in a bit of a blur. The Pain came back and moved in for a while, taking up my attention, thoughts and breath. Today, it's a lot better. I have high hopes for tomorrow being better yet.
Book Doc is coming over to watch Emma with us! We're gonna have a movie festival! YAY! I love Jane, I love Emma, and I love to have people over for dinner and a movie!

ooooh, I better take down the Christmas decorations. The tree still looks so pretty!

No comments: