Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sun!


YIPPEE!! The sun is out! Today WILL be a good day! My dear, dear friend, Mom is coming up for the day and we'll go to brunch and maybe hit some thrift stores. Later, Mr Handsome and I will be going to see "Alice in Wonderland" because the bookstore scored some free passes. It will be a good day and I WILL shake off this black dog that hounding me.

I wish the black dog that hounds me was as cute as this pup. One day, I WILL have a dog, I will, I will....

~~~~UPDATE~~~
Well, unfortunately, Mom had to cancel. I'm really disappointed! But the sun is still strong and I'm going to take myself to brunch. What the hey.
Maybe I'll go to the post office and send off some of the stuff I've got for people, too. Like these:



They turned out really cute! Potholders. Yup. Boring ol' potholders. Or, better yet, face cloths! Yeah, that's it! Face cloths! The colors are much more vivid in real life - the lovely bright sunshine has washed them out in the picture. Can you see the little terrycloth hearts I appliquéed on the centers? Everything is 100% cotton, so I think it'll wash 'n dry nicely (maybe shrink a little). They really are cute! I made them 'specially for someone special. She better use them and not just keep 'em around, taking up space! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Crafty Sis!!

You are the most darling sister on the planet!! I read your blog a few days ago, and I was going to post something along the lines of "those little washcloths/potholders are so CUTE... you could send them to me (hint hint)" blah blah - and I'd leave out the part about being jealous that you'd give them to someone else. But I didn't want to divulge my inherent neediness...

So I sent you a postcard to say hi.

I just got them in the mail! They are SUPER CUTE - such a happy design with classic color combinations!!! So soft... so happy! They make me smile. THANKS FOR THE GIFTS AND SMILES! You are THE BEST, Sis. We sent each other real mail on the same day without even telling each other. It's cosmic! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :)

Lots of smiles and lots of love,
Sis

Homebody said...

I absolutely LOVE that we sent each other mail on the SAME DAY!!!! I knew you'd love those, I knew it! That is some soffffft cotton, isn't it? Please do use them. If they fall apart, I'll make more! :-)

I love you dearly, my darling Sis.
Sis