Wednesday, March 3, 2010

sunspot

The sun was soooooo nice yesterday afternoon, I scraped about a foot of snow off of the top deck and sat outside and read. I figure I earned the right to goof off: I did lots of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, delivered a whole trunk-load of stuff to Goodwill and mailed off some crafty stuff at the post office. Not all yesterday, mind you, but what the hey.

So, back to the reading.... I'm reading Fire, by Kristin Cashore right now (among other books; see my Shelfari sidebar on the right over there).

You can see the book, a cup of mocha-coffee and an empty container of blueberries on my chair/table combo. You can also see our dried-up pot of catnip! Bubba loves to come out and rub all over it. I was REALLY surprised that he didn't come out and join me; he loooooves the deck. But he was snoozing comfortably on the bed, ensconced in a fluffy down comforter. I should have gotted a picture!

This is the view I had, at first. There were tons of birds singing and flying around, chowing down at the birdfeeders. Chickadees, goldfinches, cardinals and sparrows. There's a goldfinch on the wire, very close to the post. Hard to see....

I had to move with the sun, though. Here's my second position, closer to the porch door. I kept hoping Mr. Handsome would join me, but he was busy.

I was a little concerned about the iceflows on the roof. I bashed some of them down, taking some roof tiles with the ice. oopsie.


I needn't have worried. The space I chose was iceflow-free above me!


Ahhhh, comfort. It was nice and warm in the sun!

No comments: