Thursday, June 12, 2008

bounce bounce

I've put the mini tramp in the living room. Every time I walk through, I bounce on it a few times and then go along on my way. It is FUN! I had it right in the middle of the room, then I realized that all my tchotchkes were bouncing, too, so I moved it close to the wall (better support, I figured). It worked! Things that are meant to be stable bounce much less!

I had a phone interview for a bookstore job today and I think it went really well! My friend, MuseumGirl, gave me some questions to ask and that was a big help in making me seem less flaky than I really am. And that's what interviewing is all about, my friends: Fooling people into wanting you. Kinda like the bar scene (as I recall it). Pet sitting will be fini on July 1, so I have to get something else quick. I also applied for a part-time bank teller job (not NEARLY as interesting). And I'm proud of myself for being proactive. Small actions, true, but action nonetheless!

Oh, the Biting Dog almost bit me in front of her owner today. As usual, I'd done nothing untoward, in fact, I was merely rubbing her belly, as she'd (Biting Dog) asked me to. Owner says, "I don't know why she does that; she did it to me the other day." Well, doy-uh, get the dog some training and then be consistent. cheesh. It's not rocket science. It's a willful dog. Anyway. It was after her walk in the 90F 57% humidity weather with the sun beating us like 4th grade bullies. Maybe the dog was just tired. Still. Not acceptable. I won't miss that dog.

In happier pet news, I get to see Princess Eliza, an absolutely gorgeous and glossy black cat soon! She's very shy and I always feel very honored when she lets me pet her.

gotta go get a cold beverage now. gotta go through the living room to get to the kitchen. ... bounce... bounce...