Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I owe...

What a good day today was! For breakfast, I had half a yogurt, which was, indeed, inadequate. Of course, a cup of coffee is assumed. That's my drug, after all. But it was a good day, got lots done. Yesterday, too. Little stuff, nothing big, but that's what life, for me, is... little moments.


I'm not allowed, at this time, to publish pictures of the people with whom I spent my evening. This is per the request of The Blonde. And I agree. She's right. People should have the say about whether or no their images are out there in the toally accessible web world. I, however, have no qualms about putting up a pic of my outfit, which I think is CUTE! I have a darling mid-sized, box-leather limon-colored "apt 9" handbag to go with it (can't believe I didn't get a picture)! I think maybe I need a necklace, but I have a problem with necklaces. I always think they make me look even more matronly.

ANYhoo, I had SUCH a nice evening! I met The Blonde and Mr. Mark at a new place downtown. I had dinner, though we were just meeting for drinks. Here's the (kinda) awkward part, though probably it's not awkward. We'd agreed to meet for drinks and Mr. Mark said he'd buy a round. I intended on paying for my own dinner, but when bill-time came, he paid for EVERYTHING! That's really not fair to him. I feel bad! I should've paid up first, 'cause, thing is, I know how generous Mr. Mark is. So! I'll pick up his dinner next time we all get together, he says "when you get a job!" Which makes me laugh! 'Cause I HOPE it'll be SOON!

The restaurant, which, as I said, is BRAND NEW, has menus with stains conveniently already printed on them. No need for us patrons to add to them with our own sweaty glasses. What a stupid idea. I kept trying to clean the damn thing off. It just seemed... dirty. Hmmm, maybe I'm a little OCD or at least anal retentive. This is a pic of two menus side by side for comparison. Yup. Printed stains. eww.

The Blonde is such a darling and sweet chica. I wish like hell she weren't so hard on herself.... Difficult to communicate that. And I'm ashamed that I picked up on Mr Mark's teasing of her and teased her, too. Not nice. She was in a "snarly" mood (her phrase - I'm stealing it!) so wasn't feeling the love. HEY! This is supposed to be a "what I had for breakfast" blog! So, no serious crap. But I DO wish she'd see how fun and funny and everything she is.

Ok, anyway, the rest of the day, I picked up food for Cleo, who has allergies, so she needs special food, which means I had to go to the Dreaded Clinic. Always awkward. ick. But, whatever. I'm getting over it. Like a sickness. Then, I went and picked up a Thigh Master (Hi to Suzanne Sommers!) I read about on Craig's List. Then I went back home to take Mr Handsome to the airport, destined for the Land of Hockey (wah!!! I miss him!!!). After that, I went to the Library, which beats Disney as the Happiest Place on Earth, as far as I'm concerned! Goodwill was my next stop. MOTHERLOAD! I got some new-to-me tops and a couple of work-appropriate bottoms and a MINI TRAMPOLINE!!! I've been bouncing around on it a lot. It's FUN!

And, to top it all off, the african violet is blooming to beat the band and so is the phaelenopsis orchid. Lovely.