Friday, June 27, 2008

Margaret St

We bought the cottage today! WOW! It's in pretty crappy shape, it's going to be a real fixer-upper, but it's got "good bones" and it is cute! We need a nickname for it! Here's a tour, walking around the outside of the house:

View as you drive up (the cars in the driveway belong to the house across the street - they were having a party)
driveway-side of house

The Blonde calls her cottage, which is, literally, just around the corner, the Ghetto Shack, and something else derogatory (something with the word "trash" in it I think), then once she fixed it up, she called it the Sugar Shack, or the Lodge, depending on the season. and decorated it accordingly! She's got style, that one. Her house is so darn cute. And very comfy. Cozy. It's really nice and chic!

Front door
Ours has lots of trees right around the house and is a mecca for mosquitoes. I'll be doing some research (hello, Google!) to find out how best to reduce the damn little nippers from our environs! One skeeter bite lasts two weeks on my tender skin. I think the garden/yard has real possibilites for cuteness.

side corner of house
Ours needs a lot of work. It's smelly. And dirty. And lacking heat, light fixtures of any kind, appliances, and it needs a roof and the trees desperately need attention. I'm nervous about it all, since I don't like change, but this is a good thing! We'll fix it up and maybe rent it out, or not. We're considering moving there, actually. It's really small, though. No basement or attic. And I love love love this house we live in now, just LOVE it, so..... Ok, those thoughts stress me out. I'm just going to think good thoughts. It really is a cute house and I've got lots of ideas for decorating it already!


Backyard from the side street (with Mr Handsome's cute car)

It's really tiny. Just about as big as the first floor of our current house. If we ever do move out there, I hope we wouldn't get on each other's nerves (more than we do now). The Blonde's house, which is about the same size, feels big enough when we're in there, but I think that feeling is enhanced by her decorating accumen. She really does have style!

Must go sleep now, but wanted to get this in.

Backdoor

No comments: