Thursday, June 26, 2008

I married Donald Trump

Ooooooh! Mr Handsome bought the cottage today! He made an offer and it was accepted! Now, we just wait for paperwork to go through. He's like The Donald, buying up property! It needs a lot of work: new wiring throughout, new roof (and ceiling) over mudroom, heat (! there's no heat!), other stuff I can't think of right now. But the price was irresistable. So. We're going to fix it up and maybe sell this place or maybe rent it out, I'm not sure what he's thinking, actually. Heck, if it turns out to be a problem, we can always sell the cottage, the land is worth more than what we paid! It was a repo - I feel bad, in a karmic sense, that we're benefiting from someone else's misfortune.

In other news, our DSL modem went toes-up, so we're on dial up now. Geez o peets, is it slow. So, I won't be downloading (uploading?) any pics until next week when we get a new modem. I want to put pictures of Lima in here and of course, pictures of the cottage! Wheeeee!!!!! A cottage! It's extra-extra funny 'cause I was JUST telling Museum Girl that Svend and I have NEVER wanted a vacation home because then you're tethered to it like a criminal on a chain gang. Yet, here we are, vacation home-owners. HA!

No comments: