Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun Weekend!



I joined my friend, MuseumGirl at the Waterfront Film Festival in Saugatuck. We had such a good time! We kinda felt like those ladies in the '50's and '60's who stayed at resorts during the week and waited for their husbands to join them on the weekend, because we were staying at a very cute place called The Pines Motorlodge. It's pretty retro, in a good (not over-done) way. We were there a day ahead of the guys and had a great time, just us, loads of chatting! Before they got there, we hung out on the patio and had some drinks. Ok, _I_ had a glass of wine and MuseumGirl had water.

Anyway, we saw "Kabluey" which stars Lisa Kudrow, amongst others, and it's very good! We were laughing out loud at places! Go to imdb.com to learn more about any of the movies I talk about - it's a great site!
We also saw "Bonneville," which I'd originally been intrigued about by a preview on the DVD for "Juno." I very much enjoyed "Bonneville" too. It's about 3 middle-aged ladies who are on a quest, but it's not "Thelma and Louise" revisited; it's much gentler, sweeter and more realistic.
"Bart Got a Room" is hilarious and I want the soundtrack. Loved it! And "Summerhood" was really cute, too. I did NOT like "Goliath" which was sold as a comedy. Not funny at ALL. Pathetic, boring, and needed better editing. But all the others were really good! Including the documentary "Sync or Swim." I'm definitely going to watch the Summer Olympics Synchronized Swimming event!

Ok, prepare for some whining: The cold I caught in Seattle has gotten much worse. And KEEPS getting worse. My throat is so swollen and hurts like it's been branded. And my whole body is all achy. SUCKS! But I think I did well on my interview for a bookstore job today! YAY! And Mr. Handsome and I got a new bed today, so here's hoping there's better sleeping ahead for us!

I might add more pics later - who knows?